Saturday 5 November 2011

The Rumours Are True

First off, I can confirm that the rumours about me and Katy Perry are true.


Apart from Katy's wow-factor-full-on-hi-camp-ultra-entertaining-hydraulic-pink-cloud-glittery-primary-colored-teenage-multi-media-poptastic extravaganza at the SEC in Glasgow a couple of days ago (and, after the show, standing proudly by while she told Tracyanne Campbell from Camera Obscura "I love your voice" and that her husband introduced her to CO's music) other stuff I have recently been enjoying includes:


And:


I love the atmosphere of these films. I am working through the Rathbone-as-Holmes collection, saving The Hound Of The Baskervilles till last. Basil's stirring, more-optimistic-than-prescient speeches at the end always tickle me, eg:


Sherlock Holmes: There’s a new spirit abroad in the land. The old days of grab and greed are on their way out. We’re beginning to think of what we owe the other fellow, not just what we’re compelled to give him. The time is coming, Watson, when we cannot fill our bellies in comfort while the other fellow goes hungry, or sleep in warm beds while others shiver in the cold. And we shan’t be able to kneel and thank God for blessings before our shining altars while men anywhere are kneeling in either physical or spiritual subjection.
Dr. John H. Watson: You may be right, Holmes… I hope you are.
Sherlock Holmes: And, God willing, we’ll live to see that day, Watson.
(got this here)
What else, you say? Well, I was treated to The Barber Of Seville at Theatre Royal and dug it very much. That's the third Scottish Opera staging I've seen there and they have all looked brilliant (Rigoletto was a corker). 
Other stuff I have recently enjoyed include Mark Gatiss on Desert Island Discs; David Sedaris "Memory Laps" in a recent New Yorker; the repeat of the Psychoville Halloween special; Randy Newman's inheritance tracks on BBC Radio 4's Saturday Live (from 47mins 30secs approx); Machi Massala takeaway from Mother India's Cafe; family birthday fun; please, Father, that is all I can remember - I'm not sure how long it's been since my last confession....
Later, 'gator x


1 comment:

  1. Hi. "Come Rain Come Shine"
    Q=Where Does The Music Come
    From We Are Out At~~~Sea~~~~

    A= From Alfred Hitchcock
    Same Place The Camera Comes From.
    (Classic haha))
    Thankss... I Enjoyed Your Blog.= Senor.
    Just Like a Woman. Joyce.M.

    ReplyDelete