Monday 17 August 2015

Berberian Sound Studio and Peebles Agricultural Show.

I finally got to see Berberian Sound Studio and was glad I did.  Not a comfortable watch. And I don't know that my understanding of it would fit with the director's vision. And I wished I had seen it properly in the cinema. And the person who began watching it with me had a pretty strong negative reaction to it, inviting a lively debate. But life would be dull if we all thought the same way.


On Saturday we had a family excursion to the Peebles Agriculture Show. Tractors, sheep, cows, chickens, eggs - you name it.


I caught Rick Wakeman telling a great story about learning the harpischord on Radio 3 last week. It starts at about 1 hour 19 mins 12 secs here.

Which reminds me, I liked the story of Rick Wakeman on Celebrity Mastermind. Ian Lavender walked to the black chair and John Humphreys asked him his name. Rick Wakeman shouted from the darkness, "Don't tell him, Pike!".

Now - back to writing music for a TV documentary series set in Scottish prisons.

BTW - scroll down to Page 43 of this to see who's running an evening class about Songwriting as part of Glasgow University's Short Courses program. Book early and tell your pals. Should be fun.

My website has had a wee spruce up - http://www.francismacdonald.com/

Tinkety-tonk.



No comments:

Post a Comment