Tuesday 8 September 2015

Sept 8th.

So I enjoyed my first Maigret novel. I was reminded that "Monsieur Hire" was based on a book by the author Georges Simenon who, according to Wikipedia, claimed in 1977 that in the 61 years since his 13th birthday - och you can read it yourself. Anyway, must watch this again sometime:


Last night I went to a good masterclass with film composer Jocelyn Pook, courtesy of BAFTA Scotland. Talented and, like me, very modest. Great to hear how she got to work with Stanley Kubrick. (Stanley Kubrick; what a great name to have). I fancy hearing more of this soundtrack...


Carey from Camera Obscura is ill but she is doing a brilliant thing in raising money for a good cause. Please spread the word.

Tell your pals. On Thursday (10th Sept) I am doing a free introductory workshop thingy for a Songwriting Course that I will be running for Glasgow University's Centre For Open Studies. 7pm in the Boyd Orr Building, Glasgow University. It's free and should be fun - https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/information-night-for-creative-writing-tickets-18469074499

I am writing music for a documentary about Prisons. More when I can tell you but it is pretty compelling viewing.

Meanwhile you can order the DVD of "Building Jerusalem" here.

It's not September Weekend yet so there's no excuse to post this...



Right, that's your whack.




No comments:

Post a Comment