Tuesday 20 December 2016

"Eunice, come and do a somersault in order that we may have comic relief"

I am reading The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie. Then I want to see the film with Maggie Smith. I wonder if Santa is reading this?


I enjoyed Toni Erdmann.


Great performances. I didn't know what was coming next. And it stayed with me for days.

I also dug Paterson.


Exam question. Does:

(1) Jim Jarmusch have a Lynchian sense of humour?
(2) David Lynch have a Jarmuschian sense of humour?
(3) None of the above?

Got my ticket for Bob Dylan in Glasgow next year. Eek.

I saw Cosmico by CJ Lazaretti at a Blueprint screening (GFT's quarterly night of Scottish short films) and *loved* it.

Yesterday I attended a board meeting of New Music Scotland. Its nice to be onboard a board. Especially this board. The Scottish Awards For New Music are happening in March 2017. Info here.

"The Lost Songs Of St Kilda" was Classic FM's album of the year. Hooray. Another excuse to post this collaboration with Julie Fowlis.

My website has had a minor update.

For this who can watch it I will leave you with 22 mins of Teenage Fanclub at BBC Scotland's Quay Sessions - here.








No comments:

Post a Comment