Tuesday 24 January 2017

"It'd Be Quite Nice If I Could Have A Motorbike, Or Even A New Pair Of Socks"

The title of this blog is taken from The Monks Of Pluscarden, a chapter from "Daunderlust - Despatches From Unreported Scotland" by Peter Ross. It is a great read - funny and affectionate and moving. If you like Scotland or are in any way interested in the country and its people - I highly recommend it.



Here's a piece of music I like by Toru Takemitsu, played by The Scottish Ensemble...




I am loving The Sound Of Musicals presented by Neil Brand. Neil is my new fantasy dinner party guest. He can sit next to Billy Connolly.

Here's a film I recommend...


Social Media Tip: follow Pam Ayres on Twitter.

I've written an orchestral piece of music that I can't tell you about yet.


Tinkety tonk, old fruit, and down with the nazis.


1 comment:

  1. thanks for the leads to interesting reading material, something for you to look for, Sky Hooks, the autobiography John Kane. https://www.britannica.com/biography/John-Kane
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete