Tuesday 7 February 2017

Paris-Amsterdam

Teenage Fanclub  kicked off our European run with shows in Paris and Amsterdam. 


C'etait tres bien.

At the airport train station near the ticket machine a fellow was playing Bach prelude in C Major on a public piano. Which was nice.

I don't know much about public art but I know what I like.
Norman's back in Paris.
Tunnock's Teacakes spotted backstage (thanks, Debbie).

Cheeky wee glass of Bordeaux afore the gig? Och, I don't...
Och, Paris, you're spoiling me now.
Actually no - you're alright. Merci anyway.
Entente Cordiale
Dutch sweeties. If they're good enough for Tony...
I toddled along to the Rijksmuseum for a gander.

Vermeer's The little Street was smaller than I thought it would be, despite the title.
Van Gogh self-portrait; apparently it was cheaper than paying a model to sit.
I was a bit disappointed with Rembrandt's The Night Watch up close.
Norman's back in Amsterdam
Norman encouraged me to try this. Well I couldn't just stick my head in the sand.
In other news...

Harry Pye emailed me to say he met David Hockney and told him about this piece of music:



And The Hock-meister signed something for me. Yay.

Harry Pye and me have a new album, "Bonjour", coming out. "Isle Of Capri" is a wee taster.


Pre-order our album here.

And feel free to like our Facebook page.

Keep in touch,
x

No comments:

Post a Comment