Thursday 3 August 2017

Such posing, such loud talk, such vulgarity...

If you missed "Orkney - When The Boat Comes In" (a gem of a doc to have worked on), some of you can catch up here.

Also, Cash Trapped is back (Hans Zimmer worked on Blockbusters you know) and, because I provided the music, a small person in my family got into the spirit to support a couple of the players:

Talking of Hans Zimmer (I should've been a DJ) I've heard some criticism of Dunkirk but I thought it was amazing. I loved the structure and the show-don't-tell approach and the way the soundtrack worked, and lots more.

Dear Billy Sloan & Roddy Hart - thanks to both of you for playing this song on your respective BBC Radio Scotland shows:



Ian Rankin tweeted that he bought the album, which was nice.



We've had a few reviews for "Bonjour" now:

  • “Odd but good” 4 stars (Mojo)
  • “An eccentric treasure” (The Arts Desk)
  • "A thoughtful collaboration with Macdonald providing the elegant soundtrack to Pye's lyrics on art appreciation, nostalgic reminisces and the simple pleasures." (The Scotsman)
  • "Punky vignettes, fusing spoken word with classic pop, easy listening and more” (CLASH magazine)
  • “A work of art.” (Is This Music)
  • “Wonderfully quirky” (Flux magazine)
Makes you want to buy it, right? Links to order it here.

I am giving Ozark on Netflix a spin.

Watched good ol' "Way Out West" for  the first time in yonks.

And now a few words from Tom Baker:

"I was led to Maud's table, she had a permanent place there, and the waiter laid me out for her, covering me with a napkin as big as a sheet. For a moment I thought he was going to shave me. He merely offered my a menu as big as a Monopoly board. And the wine! The smoked salmon! The quality of the glassware! I glanced around me and saw all those famous faces. I was the only one there I'd never heard of. Such posing, such loud talk, such vulgarity. I was completely at home."



No comments:

Post a Comment