Friday 22 September 2017

It's September Weekend in Glasgow...



Last night I saw Beethoven's 9th Symphony performed by the BBC SSO at the City Halls in Glasgow. It was amazing.

In another rare live cultural outing I saw the powerful plays "Eve" by Jo Clifford and "Adam" by Frances Poet at the Citizen's Theatre. Yay for the rights of transgenders, asylum-seeking refugees and transgender asylum-seeking refugees - and for skilled playwrights to tell their stories.

Last week I caught "God's Own Country". If James Herriot wrote Brokeback Mountain. Not really. But it was beautiful; skilled, nuanced filmmaking.


This looks interesting from Bob. Speaking of which I caught Paul Greengrass introducing "Forever Young" on Desert Island Discs as a song for parents and their children and...well...let's just say I'm glad I wasn't wearing any mascara.

Talking of songs I am running an evening class in Songwriting at Glasgow University from Sept 28th. For those whop have never written a song, want to write better songs, or want to get different perspectives on songwriting. Info and registration here.

Tinkety-tonk, old fruit, and down with the nazis!




No comments:

Post a Comment