Tuesday 20 February 2018

Cacio e Pepe



As I type I am reflecting on last night's live performance of "Hamilton Mausoleum Suite". What a privilege to hear my music played by great musicians in an amazing venue!

Sincere thanks to the musicians, punters, Hamilton Low Parks Museum staff and, well, everyone who has been supportive of my notion which became an idea, then a concept and then a thing.

Here is a wee handheld, lo-fi taster; "Stone Lions Lullaby" (violin & harp) and "The Mausoleum" (string quartet)...



Felt like a culmination of something. Although we are doing it again next month in Helensburgh...
To book tickets go here and click Live On Screen

More info on the "Hamilton Mausoleum Suite" album at www.francismacdonald.com

Awww...
I was on BBC Radio Scotland's "Classics Unwrapped" the other night. I'm blethering from 4 mins 43 seconds. You can listen here.

In other news...


I just had a pleasant city break (as they call it) in Belfast. The Titanic Exhibition was fandabbydozy (sp?). The Gilbert & George Exhibiton at The Mac provoked one of my children to announce that it "hurts my brain". G&G might claim this as a victory.

Elle is pretty dark and dramatic. By the end I felt like I'd binge-watched an entire series of a disturbing French psycho-drama.

Lady Bird = brilliant.

I loved "Loveless". I'm all for a long slow film in the hands of an intelligent, confident filmmaker, that keeps me thinking about it days later.

"Young Offenders" is a hoot - the film on Netflix AND the series on BBC One.

Pity Paddington 2 didn't do better at the BAFTAS. Loved that film.

Recipe Corner - this was a revelation...


And finally, Esther....

The Teenage Fanclub bandwagon is starting to roll...

No comments:

Post a Comment